Sex sells, but in this case it is the reverse: money sold me to review an adult sex toys website. Here we go:
I didn’t use any sextoys myself to-date (although I would be open to try some of the lighter versions), but I can see how online shopping and discreet delivery can be a big advantage. A word of caution: always consider the medical implications and don’t force yourself into un-natural situations which could end up hurting you.
Getting back to the store at hand:
- It only delivers inside of the USA, so it is a no-go for me (but there are plenty of local stores here, so I’m not complaining)
- Their site interface is pretty well made and usable, but there are bugs: for example when added one product to the cart and tried to check out, it appeared twice in the cart
- One big plus: their entire site is available trough HTTPS. Even though they default to HTTP, this is still great.
- Unfortunately their contact details are a little sketchy (and I mean it in the literal sense: there is very little information): they don’t give a physical address, just a PO box from San Diego. They are also hosted by a San Diego company, which makes it very probable that they are based there, but again, there is no clear indication of this. Their contact form doesn’t give an email address or a phone number. They are hosted on a dedicated server (good) but with IIS 6.0 (not so good). They are doing their own credit-card processing from what I’ve seen (I didn’t go trough with an actual order) and I would be weary entrusting my credit-card to a company which is not specialized in this domain (the CC processing domain that is).
- The site has no negatives on security rating sites like SiteAdvisor, WOT or Norton SafeWeb.
All in all, I would do only small purchases on this site, at least initially, from a disposable credit-card (PayPal offers these for example)
Full disclosure: this is a paid review from ReviewMe. Under the terms of the understanding I was not obligated to skew my viewpoint in any way (ie. only post positive facts).